For up to date arrival and departure information see: TIA Flight Status
The Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), situated 5.56 km east of Kathmandu city is in the heart of the Kathmandu Valley. TIA is amid the confluence of three ancient cities viz. Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan, rich in their art and culture not only gifted for their temples and pagoda – but above all they posses smiling men and women, the pride of the nation. Hence TIA not only has flourished as the main hub for every expanding business of the country but has proudly catered to various domestic and international airlines.
- Coordinates – 274150N – 0852128E
- Elevation – 4390 ft.AMSL
- Reference Temperature – 27.8 C
- Runway Designation – 02/20
- Runway Dimension – 10000 ft. x 150 ft.
- Runway Surface Strength – 54 F/A/W/T
- Apron Capacity – Int’l – 9 Medium and Wide Body Category Aircraft
- Domestic – 15 Small Aircraft
- Fire Fighting Category – Cat VIII
- Service – Air Traffic Control Service (aerodrome Control, Approach Control and Area Control)
- Aeronautical communication Service
- Aeronautical Information Service